If you’re looking for an adorable and easy treat for your holiday parties, we’ve got the perfect project for you! These chocolate-covered cherry mice are adorable on their own, but when you add a shimmer of edible gold powder, well, they are holiday perfection.
Watch the Video below or continue with the written website instructions.
Golden Chocolate-Covered Cherry Mice
– Hershey Kisses, Unwrapped
– Almond Bark
– Sliced Almonds
– Maraschino Cherries, with Stems
1. Drain the maraschino cherries of their juice. Pat dry or if you have a salad spinner, spin the extra liquid out of the cherries. Extra liquid will leak into the melted chocolate and cause it to get chunky.
2. Microwave the almond bark for one minute in the microwave-safe bowl. Stir to see if smooth. If not, microwave it for 30 more seconds and check again.
3. Holding the cherry by its stem, dip it into the almond bark chocolate and place on wax paper or silpat. Quickly stick a Hershey’s Kiss to the cherry (opposite of the stem). The Hershey Kiss is the face of our cute, little mouse.
4. Still working quickly, find two almond slices that are roughly the same size. These will be the ears of the mouse. Gingerly rip off the ends of both almonds. (If they are too long they will not fit).
5. Place the almond slices between the cherry and the Hershey’s Kiss, with the ripped off ends on the inside.
6. Continue to create all the mice and let dry for about an hour. (Quick dry them in the freezer.)
7. Dry paint gold luster duster powder onto the mice bodies and heads with a food-grade paint brush.
And there you have it — the cutest little treats, fancied up for the holidays. I hope you enjoyed making them as much as we did.