The Perfect Sandwich Bread
There’s a lot of good bread recipes, but this one from my friend Ali Packard is the only one that I’ve found that taste AMAZING and HOLDS ITS SHAPE! Yes, it ticks off all the boxes of homemade bread. My friend Ali is so sweet to share this recipe with all of us. Enjoy, and as you eat your 2nd, 3rd, or 4th piece, thanks Ali Packard for her selflessness <3
Ali’s Perfect Sandwich Bread
- Kitchenaid or other mixer, recommended but not necessary
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yeast
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cups coconut oil
- 6 cups flour all-purpose
- Add all ingredients into mixer and mix with the dough hook for 8-10 minutes until smooth. (If you don't have a mixer, place all ingredients into a mixing bowl, mix by hand and then turn out to floured surface and knead until dough is smooth.)
- Cover and let rise in a warm place for about an hour or until dough has risen.
- Punch down dough, split in two, and shape into two loaves.
- Place into two well-greased loaf pans and let rise for about an hour, or until the loaf has risen above the rim.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about a hour.
- Brush tops with butter and let bread completely cool before slicing it. This is key. If you dig into these bad boys before they are cooled, the texture will be completely different. Once cooled, the bread will be strong, with a nice crumb and will hold its structure.